The Webducate team is highly experienced in the development of bespoke web systems and learning resources for a wide variety of clients and in a wide range of disciplines and subject areas. We pride ourselves on our ability to build a close working relationship with our clients and to quickly and appropriately interpret and satisfy their needs.
Our development process
- A development project will typically begin with a meeting where the clients ideas and requirements are discussed and potential solutions are outlined. At this and each later stage, the experience of the Webducate team is used to identify unforeseen opportunities and also to ensure the client’s cost, administration and usability objectives are met.
- Following this initial meeting, Webducate will produce a brief specification for the project and outline the envisaged costs involved.
- From this point the development project will generally follow an iterative process where an initial prototype is rapidly produced and developed. This evolving prototype is used to gain regular feedback from our clients and in this way the client can refine their understanding of their own needs. This approach ensures the best solution is created and also minimises the time taken to complete the development process.
- Once the development project is completed and the system is in use, the Webducate team will remain in close contact with the client to ensure any problems encountered are quickly fixed and administration staff are supported as they learn to use the system.
Our areas of expertise include:
- E-learning content design and development.
- Rapid e-learning and blended learning solutions.
- Building complex interactive web systems including Content Management Systems and on-line commerce sites.
- Web design for accessibility and usability.
- Creating multimedia resources including video and audio.
- Creating resources with pedagogically useful interactivity such as
animations, drag and drop activities, data capture and display.
- Implementing Web 2.0 type functionality such as blogging, wikis, tagging, news feeds, comments etc.
- Providing functionality to assess performance, collect feedback and administer completion certificates.
- Working with open source systems such as Moodle, Wordpress, Elgg, Mediawiki and PhpBB.
Previous to working with Webducate our experience of getting our new website written had been painful to say the least. However, fortunately for us, we started working with them and the website developed quickly into something that was far better than we initially imagined. They have been both highly professional, and more importantly adaptable, in both the development and implementation of th website. I can’t thank Tony (and his team) enough for giving us a site wihich has streamlined our business to a new and far improved level.
Chris Murphy – PhysioUK