Accessible Multimedia Player (AMP) is a simple web based multimedia player that has been created with accessibility in mind. The authoring tool synchronizes slide images and transcript text with segments of video and/or audio and also produces an accessible alternative to the presentation. This accessible alternative is a reader friendly version that can also be printed and is available to low bandwidth users.
Features of AMP
- Facilitates the production of an accessible alternative for a
multimedia presentation including long descriptions for images and
transcripts for audio.
- Player provides keyboard short-cuts for mouse-free use.
- Simple web based authoring requires no installation of authoring tool.
- Delivery via the Flash player plug-in provides cross-platform
compatibility and facilitates the streaming of media without needing a
- Alternative version appropriate for printing and low bandwidth users.
- Synchronises both audio and video with slide images and transcript text.
- Slide and video magnification provided within the player.
- Ability to provide presenter details, presentation summary and links to related information.